End-of 2019 Golf Season
The 2019 golf season has been quite successful. Our recent survey to members indicates that you are happy with the course as well. We owe so much to our volunteers who enhance our course, repair equipment and beautify our Club House. THANK YOU! Also, this past year, the Town of Oakland helped us financially with grants to help pay for the new roof on our maintenance building.
Our membership rates will remain the same as last year. If you buy your adult membership before Dec. 31st, you’ll receive 4 guest passes for 2020.
As you buy your memberships or think of end-of-year donations, please keep in mind that we have a 501C3 charity called FRIENDS OF OAKLAND GOLF COURSE. Donations to this fund go directly to improving our public course! Looking ahead, we need some new golf carts and some new equipment. The Board is looking into options to lease carts that can add to our fleet. Our highest equipment replacement priority is to replace our sprayer to keep our greens beautiful all golf season long.
We had a wonderful summer with Sandy Tasker operating the 19th Hole Grill. Unfortunately, she will not return to run the concession. The Board is currently searching for a replacement that will cater to the golfers and our local community who like to dine at our golf course. Please contact me if you have any interest in taking on this venture.
Other items of interest:
- We will be looking to hire part-time course workers next Spring for our course maintenance so let us know if you are interested in some outdoor part-time work
- We update our Facebook page regularly with news and events
- We have a new and upgraded website. You can pay for your memberships directly on that site via a credit card or PayPal
- Kenney Greaser will remain with us as our Greens Keeper
- Bill Kelley will return as Director of Golf and is already stocking the Pro Shop with more items for next season. Additionally, during the busy summer months, Bryce Friend will be our Assistant Director of Golf.
- Golf lessons and junior clinics will continue next year, led by Bryce Friend.
- We have many committees, such as Finance, Pro Shop, Greens, House, Promotions & Marketing, and new next year, Fundraising. Let us know if you want to join any of these committees. With more volunteers, we can provide more to our golfers!